Okay, catching up on the New Years lists I missed. The first out of three is my Top Ten voices. This year I decided to do Billy West because, yeah, the guy's hilarious. I've been a fan of his for about 20 years at this point, and I love him in pretty much everything he does.
10) Bugs Bunny (Various) - Although not the best Bugs voice, it's perfectly workable.
9) Skeets (Justice League Unlimited, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) - Funny straight man/robot to the out there personality of Booster Gold.
8) Elmer Fudd (Various) - Again, like Bugs, he's not the definitive Fudd, but his voice fits the character well.
7) Zapp Brannigan (Futurama) - If anyone can pull off 50% Captain Kirk and 50% William Shatner, it's Billy West (I've no doubt in my mind Phil Hartman would've been hilarious, but West made the role his own and I can't hear anyone other than him).
6) Red M&M (M&M Candies) - He really makes the commercials quotable...and me hungry for plain M&M's!
5) Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth (Futurama) - Billy West doing a crazy old man voice? Good news, everyone, he brings it hardcore on Futurama!
4) Dr. Zoidberg (Futurama) - The only funny, crazy voice of his that trumps Farnsworth is the pathetic, disgusting alien Zoidberg.
3) Doug Funnie (Doug) - When I was a kid, I identified with Doug so much. West made him sound like the perfect neurotic ten year old.
2) Stimpson J. Cat (The Ren & Stimpy Show) - A show I still quote to this day, I loved how simple and idiotic West made Stimpy sound.
1) Philip J. Fry (Futurama) - If Doug is West at 10, Fry is him at 20, and my favorite performance of his. While all the other roles are mostly comedic, his role as Fry manages to combine hilarious idiot and sympathetic everyman. Fry manages to cover juvenile and more adult humor and stands out in a cast that includes robots, aliens, and other monsters.
Honorable Mention goes to Woody Woodpecker, Popeye, Porky Pig, Jeebs, and Slimer.